Division of Arts and Sciences
The purpose of the Division of Arts and Sciences is to empower students as critical thinkers and participating citizens in pursuit of truth, beauty, spirituality, social justice, and global leadership. Programs in the division provide students with academic and technical training in the use of the scientific method and in formal, logical, deductive reasoning. The division produces students who go on to pursue graduate studies and careers in the private industry or government.
The Division includes the following:
- Department of Biological and Chemical Sciences
- Department of Humanities
- Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Department of Political Science and Sociology
- Department of Psychology
Division of Professional Studies
The purpose of the Division of Professional Studies is to create a learning environment for students to gain the theoretical and practical knowledge needed to succeed in their chosen fields. We prepare our students to be career-ready by giving them opportunities to practice what they learn in the classroom through internships, field practicums, student teaching, and other real-world experiences. Our graduates are enterprising women who show a commitment to leadership and service.
- Department of Business, Economics and Entrepreneurship
- Department of Curriculum and Instruction
- Department of Journalism and Media Studies
- Department of Social Work