The purpose of the Division of Humanities is to empower students as critical thinkers and participating citizens in pursuit of truth, beauty, spirituality, social justice, and global leadership. The Division embraces the following values: commitment to human expression and creativity, promotion of honesty, integrity and scholarship; excellence in holistic instruction; and rigorous academic standards. These values form the foundation for the creation of humanities scholars who value human expression and behaviors, are prepared to be competitive candidates in graduate school or their chosen careers, and deliver to diverse communities leadership skills based upon humanistic values. It offers a degree in arts management, business administration, elementary education, English, Interdisciplinary Studies, Women’s Studies, Music, theatre, special education, journalism and media studies and social work. The Division’s vision is to become internationally recognized for producing superior, quality undergraduate scholars. The Division includes the following:
- Department of Humanities
- Department of Business, Economics and Entrepreneurship
- Department of Curriculum and Instruction
- Department of Journalism and Media Studies
- Department of Social Work
- Business Administration, B.S.
- Elementary Education (K–6), B.S.
- English, B.A.
- Interdisciplinary Studies (which includes 3 Tracks: Africana Women’s Studies, History, and Self-Designed), B.A. & B.S.
- Journalism & Media Studies, B.A.
- Music, B.A.
- Social Work, B.S.W.
- Special Education, B. S.
- Theatre, B.A.
- Theatre, B.F.A.
- Global Studies
- Journalism & Media Studies
- Women’s Studies