The purpose of the Division of Humanities, Business, and Professional Studies is to empower students as critical thinkers and participating citizens in pursuit of truth, beauty, spirituality, social justice, and global leadership; to prepare students for on-going challenges in the twenty-first century; and to certify excellence through national accreditation of program areas within the Division. The Division embraces the following values: commitment to human expression and creativity, promotion of honesty, integrity and scholarship; excellence in holistic instruction; encouraging professional women leaders; encouraging a global perspective to promote multiculturalism, pluralism, and diversity to increase service to humanity; the preservation of a liberal arts college; and rigorous academic standards. The Division’s vision is to become internationally recognized for producing superior, quality undergraduate scholars. The faculty members of the Division are committed to broadening their own exploration, professional experiences, creativity, teaching, and diversity in modes of evaluation, research, and scholarship.
The Division includes the following:
- Department of Humanities
- Department of Business, Economics and Entrepreneurship
- Department of Curriculum and Instruction
- Department of Journalism and Media Studies
- Department of Social Work
- Business Administration, B.S.
- Elementary Education (K–6), B.S.
- English, B.A.
- Interdisciplinary Studies (which includes 3 Tracks: Africana Women’s Studies, History, and Self-Designed), B.A. & B.S.
- Journalism & Media Studies, B.A.
- Music, B.A.
- Social Work, B.S.W.
- Special Education, B. S.
- Theatre, B.A.
- Theatre, B.F.A.
- Global Studies
- Journalism & Media Studies
- Women’s Studies