- D.M.A.,University of Alabama
- M.M., Southern Illinois University-Carbondale
- B.A., Alabama State University
Dr. Walter Bragg is in his second year here at Bennett College. He has groomed finalists for piano competitions at Jackson State University, Southern University, Tennessee State University, and the University of Alabama -Huntsville. Several of his students are music educators, recording artists, producers, and Ministers of Music.
Although Dr. Bragg is a trained Classical pianist, he has served in other capacities which displayed his versatility. He served as Musical Director, Vocal Coach, and Pianist in the musical “Dreamgirls” presented at Benedict College in 2006, he arranged for the Marching Band at Benedict College, he served as Collaborative pianist at Stillman College, and he served as colloborative artist/pianist for a work by the celebrated Black Composer, Adolphus Hailstork. The work was entitled, “Dream, Child, Hope!’
- George Gershwin’s Concerto in F: A Stylistic Study [MM Document-SIU] (pending)
- Contextual Elements & Stylistic Elements in the Songs of George Theophilus Walker [DMA Document-University of Alabama (pending)