Stand with Bennett
50 days. Friends, we have 50 days to raise funds to help Bennett College maintain its accreditation with SACSCOC. February 1, 2019, is our target date for accomplishing this goal.
Over the past two years, Bennett has made significant gains in addressing our financial stability. Some of the significant strides made to achieve sustainability include:
- Bennett generated a surplus of $461,038 and had no audit findings.
- Bennett was approved for a capital loan deferment over a six-year period with a financial benefit of nearly $9 million.
- Bennett has steadily increased its fundraising from $3.47 million to $4.25 million over a 3-year period.
- Bennett’s enrollment has been trending upward for 2 years from 409 in 2017 to 471 in 2018.
- Our retention rate is also significantly up from 44% in Fall 2017 to 53% in Fall 2018.
- The average GPA of new freshwomen increased from 2.8 in 2017 to 3.2 in 2018.
- Bennett continues to support mission activities, and academic and student programs.
Despite all of these accomplishments, SACSCOC felt that we fell short. We are appealing their decision and working hard to demonstrate that we are fiscally stable. This requires us to raise additional money to reduce our debt and improve our cash position.
When you #StandWithBennett, you are preserving the legacy and excellence of black women in the U.S. Since 1873, @BennettCollege has created a place for black women's voices and brilliance to be developed and cultivated.
How to Donate
MAIL A DONATION
If you would like to make a donation by check or money order, please make it payable to Bennett College, write "Stand for Bennett" in the memo line, and mail it to:
Attn: Institutional Advancement
900 E. Washington Street
Greensboro, NC 27401
TEXT A DONATION
To make a quick and easy donation using your mobile device, text the word BELLES to 444999and follow the instructions.
CASH APP DONATION
You can now donate on your mobile phone using the CashApp app! Simply direct your gift to $StandwithBennett. If you don't have CashApp installed, you can find it in the app store.
To make a donation online, please visit www.bennett.edu/donate.
Dear Bennett College supporters:
We appreciate your online donations to the College at this critical time as we work to raise a minimum of $5 million by Feb. 1. We realize our online system requires you to spend a bit of time inputting information before your donation is complete and ask, simply, that you exercise patience and bear with us. The minimal time you spend making your gift today could mean the difference for our students tomorrow. Thank you for your support.