What We Offer
The Bennett College Alumnae Office and Bennett College Office of Career Services are working together to develop a strong alliance and dedication to our student’s future in the world after Bennet. The information below provides what the Alumnae Office and OCS have to offer:
Networking with Belles
The after 5 O’clock Networking with Belles events are for all Belle alumnae to receive a discount on their membership ($49 value) if the alumnae sign up early. The Networking with Belles will help BC Belles with employment, internship, and more.
OptimalResume Builder is an easy-to-use tool that helps alumnae build a resume and cover letter by highlighting their skills and qualifications that is competitive and sought by employers. For more information, go to www.bennett.optimalresume.com.
Career and Post-grad Assistance
Individual meetings with the OCS will assist in exploratory career searches or post-graduate school admissions. For additional information, call 336.517.2358, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Career and Graduate Fairs
The Office of Career Service’s Fall Career and Internship and Graduate and Professional Schools Information Day Fair, are all open to alumnae who have received degrees from BC. For more information, call 336-517-2358, or email at email@example.com
Distinguished Speakers Workshop
These workshops include alumnae in business leading positions designed to inspire, educate, and energize. The workshops will cover: resume etiquette, career search tools, and more. For additional information, call 336-517-2358, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Mock Interviews
Virtual Mock Interview is for Alumnae, who have graduated from BC and may practice virtual interviews, with selections from more OptimalResume. Please go to www.bennett.optimalresume.com to sign up.
Opportunities for Alumni to Help Current Students
The OCS values our alumnae. Please contact Darryl K. Johnson, Director, Office of Career Services, at 336-517-2358 or email@example.com, if interested in participating in any of the following:
Career Panel Discussions
Alumnae participate in panel discussion related to career and post-graduate related opportunities to share advice and insights into their career field before a group of current and former Bennett students.
Career and Internship Opportunities
Alumnae assist the OCS with building communication with your Human Resources Department for promoting full-time and part-time employment opportunities in your organization, internships, and assist with conducting on-campus interviews.
Mock Interview Assistance
Assist alumnae with Mock Interviews in preparation for the real interview.
Provide alumnae with professional feedback on their resumes in preparation for career opportunities, career fairs, and post-graduate schools.
Opportunities for OCS to Help Alumnae
How to find a new job using LinkedIn:
Career Assessment (Free 10 minute assessment)
On-line Personality Test (Free)
Industry Specific Information
The links below are recommended for you to go directly to your field of interest and identify positions that meet your criteria.
General Search Engine Links
- Monster.com – Over 300,000 job listings. Monster also has a career counseling section to help you write a resume and post it on-line.
- Indeed.com– Over 500,00 job listings. Indeed.com has job listings for all majors and offers both full time and Internship/ Externship posting.
- Link2Jobs.com – Lets you register, submit resume to, create agent at and search across numerous job sites. The supported sites are still expanding with more options.
- JobOptions – One of the very first on-line job listing web sites. The Career Tools section has many helpful resources on topics such as: resumes, interviewing, relocation and salary surveys.
- CareerBuilder – “Provides a rich array of jobs, career advice, columns and tips to get ahead in today’s work place.”
- CareerWeb – Search jobs by locations and/or category. Setup an account and be notified of new job openings by e-mail.
- USA Jobs – Over 17,000 federal job listings. This site also provides assessments to help you focus on positions that match your skills and interests.
- Chili Jobs Search Engine – Nationwide online job search engine with an easy-to-use job post/ search format for all employment or recruitment-related needs.
Industry Specific Search Engines
- Accounting Jobs– Accounting, Finance jobs, investment banking jobs, careers & recruitment in finance. Financial jobs, bank jobs, careers & recruitment in the finance jobs sector
- Communicative Disorders Jobs– is the professional association for 140,000 audiologists, speech-language pathologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists.
- Financial Services Jobs– The world’s fastest growing financial industry network and information exchange. Where financial professionals come to share information, ideas and job opportunities.
- Journalism Jobs– An online job board with over 15,000 media jobs, including jobs in media, marketing, advertising, and public relations, with free job searching and resume posting.
- Psychology Jobs – provides helpful insight into many of the various fields within psychology to those who are performing their career exploration or simply interested in learning more.
- Public Policy– Jobs covering research, policy making, and academic jobs in many fields : foreign policy, economics, social policy, family policy, etc.
- Nursing Jobs– with the demand for nurses increasing, this site is a great place to look for nursing positions.
- Sports Jobs– Search sports jobs and internships at Work In Sports, the most comprehensive source for available jobs in the sports industry. Find your sports job today!
Your endeavors have made us most proud of your accomplishments. We are always here to assist you when you are ready to add to your accomplishments by contacting OCS for advice on your next step.
If you need help marketing your brand: resume, interview, LinkedIn, post-graduate school application, or just need advice, the OCS is here to help!
- Alumnae Career Counseling
As BC alumnae, you are provided access to a variety of resources and services to help you reach your long-term career. One in particularly, you can meet with a career counselor.
- Career Related Workshops
The Office of Career Services offers a series of workshops each month for students and alumnae, including topics such as 30-Second Elevator Pitch, Building Your Brand, LinkedIn, most workshops will take place in the evening.
- Free Belle Jobs Access
As part of a commitment to our BC alums, the Office of Career Services is proud to offer OptimalResume.com for FREE to all BC alumnae.
- Career Fairs and Special Events
The Office of Career Services offers many different events where alumnae can network with employers. These events are important if you are exploring career options or looking for your next job.