What Do Office of Career Services – OCS Ambassadors Do?
- Advise students during walk-in hours on OCS and resources, résumé construction and editing, and other career-related inquiries.
- Give feedback on new and current OCS programs and initiatives.
- Conduct outreach presentations on topics like résumé writing, interviewing skills, internship searching, and social networking.
- Staff OCS major events and actively market OCS workshops.
- Contribute to social media and marketing activities, such as blogging, tweeting, helping to maintain OCS social media pages, and creating YouTube videos.
- Obtain and demonstrate extensive understanding of career development issues.
- Complete a final project on a career or student development related topic.
Why Become an OCS Ambassador?
You will gain:
- Personal career assistance and access to resources and staff.
- Expertise in résumé-writing, interviewing, and internship/job searching.
- Improved presentation skills.
- Increased comfort and skill when interacting with employers.
- Solid relationships with the OCS director.
- Leadership experience in a close-knit team.
- An opportunity to meet and help a diverse group of BC students.
For more information contact the Office of Career Service at email@example.com or 336-517-2358.