Leadership Development opportunities and Community Engagement initiatives can assist student’s in the development of their leadership abilities and capacities, as they seek to create positive social change in their external communities and in the world.
The Office of Leadership Development & Civic Engagement envisions that students and alumnae will be active participants in society with a strong commitment and responsibility to work with others towards leadership for a better world; a future where active citizenship, civic engagement and social responsibility are continuously practiced.
The Office of Leadership & Civic Engagement provides transformative on-campus and community-based experiences to prepare students for leadership roles in the workplace, society, and the world. We do this by providing leadership development and civic engagement opportunities, which allows students to understand positive social change from the individual, group, and community/society perspectives.
Student Learning Outcomes
By participating in leadership development and civic engagement opportunities, students will:
- Develop and expand their understanding of and capacity for active participation in a community
- Gain an understanding of identities and backgrounds different from their own
- Connect and apply knowledge from their civic engagement experiences, using these experiences to comprehend, analyze, and /or challenge theories and frameworks
- Increase their knowledge and understanding of leadership foundational theories and models
- Cultivate a sense of self-awareness through identifying leadership styles and values
7 C’s of Social Change
All leadership programs at Bennett College are based on the Seven (7) C’s of the Social Change Model of Leadership:
- Consciousness of Self
- Common Purpose
- Controversy of Civility
Why should you engage in Leadership Development and Civic Engagement?
- Leadership skills are highly sought after by employees.
- Our communities need leaders who will impact positive change.
- Students develop a strong sense of who they are through engaging in self-awareness and personal empowerment activities.
- Discovering your values and purpose through leadership development and civic engagement is a fulfilling and meaningful experience.
Director of Leadership & Civic Engagement
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Race Hall- Upper Level