Bennett’s small size allows for a personalized college experience.
At Bennett, you are not just a student ID number, you are a woman we invest in and support as you navigate higher education and prepare for your career. Here, you will be personally welcomed by the College President on your first day, be taught by experienced faculty who get to know you and your learning style, engage with staff who link you to our many resources, and bond with other women of color working to become phenomenal scholars and global leaders. Bennett empowers you to lead, create your own path, gain life experience and become the woman you are meant to be.
Fast Facts about Bennett:
- Faculty/student ratio of 7 to 1
- Robust global studies program; more than 200 students have studied abroad since its launch
- State-of-the-art TV and photography studios
- Martin Luther King, Jr.’s only speech in Greensboro was in our Annie Merner Pfeiffer Chapel
- First Black woman president of a four-year U.S. college, Dr. Willa B. Player
- One of only two all-women’s HBCUs in the U.S.
- Ranked #1 in Social Mobility by U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked a 2022-2023 BEST COLLEGE by U.S. News & World Report
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Pfeiffer University, Winston-Salem State University, The American Language Academy, among other colleges and universities
- First and only women’s college in the country to have a Women’s Business Center located on its campus.
- A United Methodist Church-related institution
Bennett College prepares women of color through a transformative liberal arts education to lead with purpose, integrity, and a strong sense of self-worth. Bennett provides educational access to students while promoting inquiry, civic engagement, social justice, lifelong learning, and equity for all.
Bennett College is renowned for its intimate, engaging learning community that produces phenomenal women scholars and global leaders.
Bennett College’s undergirding philosophy is that a high quality college experience should provide its women students with strong academic and co-curricular programs that encourage their personal development, endorse life-long learning, and prepare them to meet the needs of an ever-changing society.
Bennett College values and respects every member of its community. As a United Methodist Church-related institution, the College believes that education should be related to humanitarian ends.
- Civic Engagement
- Global Citizenship
As a United Methodist Church-related institution, Bennett College affirms the doctrinal foundations of the United Methodist Church, including the tradition of reflective reasoning, the fostering of free exchange of ideas, educational opportunities for all people, and the conduct of business and programs in accordance with standards of Christian ethics and morality. The doctrinal beliefs undergirding our mission and philosophy are enumerated in the Articles of Religion of the United Methodist Church (The Articles of Religion of the United Methodist Church).