Participating Institutions: Bennett College, Elon University, Greensboro College, Guilford College, Guilford Technical Community College, High Point University, NC A&T State University, and the University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNC-G).
The Greater Greensboro Consortium is a program designed to expand the course options available to degree-seeking students in one of the eight participating institutions. Its primary purpose is to assist a student in registering for a course elsewhere that is unavailable in a given semester on the student’s home campus.
Points to Remember
- Enrollment in coursework through the Greater Greensboro Consortium is restricted to degree-seeking students with a minimum 2.00 gpa at their home institution.
- Consortium students may not cross-register for courses inappropriate to their degree or class standing. For example, a sophomore may not enroll in a senior level course, and an undergraduate may not register for a graduate level course.
- Consortium courses are considered part of the student’s course load at the home institution, and tuition and fees are paid to the home campus. Any Bennett College student whose total enrollment for the semester, including Consortium coursework, is greater than 18 hours will be charged an additional $665 per hour for each credit hour beyond the 18th
- In the event of special course fees associated with a Consortium course, the student will pay these charges to the host campus.
- Credit hours and grades earned are calculated in the student’s grade point average at the home institution.
- Consortium students must be enrolled in at least ½ of their coursework at the home institution.
- The Consortium agreement is in effect during the regular academic year only (fall and spring semesters).
- Students registered for coursework through the Greater Greensboro Consortium are bound by the academic deadlines and regulations in effect at the host campus.
- Students registered for coursework through the Greater Greensboro Consortium and who later decide to withdraw from the course for any reason must drop the course on the host campus and through the Bennett College Registrar’s Office as well. Contact Registrar at 336-517-8620 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cross-Registration Instructions for Bennett College Students
- Obtain a consortium form through Bellenet or through the Bennett website at
- Complete the form, including host institution courses and the Bennett equivalents. Obtain the signatures of your academic advisor and department chair. Students whose total enrollment for the semester, including Consortium coursework, is greater than 18 hours must also obtain the signature of the department chair.
- Return the completed form to the Office of the University Registrar for final approval—send to email@example.com.
- Send the approved consortium form to the Registrar’s Office on the host campus to complete registration.
- If you are unable to complete registration on the host campus for any reason, please notify the Bennett College registrar.
For More Information
Click here to view master calendar and class schedules for all Consortium schools: https://reg.uncg.edu/registration/ggc/