The Division of Arts and Sciences empowers students as critical thinkers and participating citizens in pursuit of truth, beauty, spirituality, social justice, and global leadership. Programs in the division provide students with academic and technical training in the use of the scientific method and in formal, logical, deductive reasoning. Faculty members in the division provide guidance and support to students and our graduates leave Bennett possessing professional skills and ethics that enable them to become productive and informed citizens in their chosen fields and in the global community.
The Division embraces the following values:
- a commitment to human expression and creativity, to the promotion of honesty, integrity and scholarship;
- academic excellence, individuality, creativity, professionalism, community awareness, and volunteerism within the disciplines;
- the increased representation of minority women in the disciplines of the Division;
- a global perspective that embraces multiculturalism, pluralism, and diversity, in order to increase service to humanity;
- the development of graduates who are capable of scientific reasoning, who possess academic and professional skills, and who strive to attain graduate and/or professional degrees in their areas of study; and
- the development of graduates who are capable of using formal, logical, deductive, and quantitative methods.
The Division includes the following areas of study:
- Global and Interdisciplinary Studies
- Science & Technology
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Biology, B.S.
- Chemistry, B.S.*
- Computer Science, B.S.
- Interdisciplinary Studies (two tracks: Traditional, Africana Women’s Studies) B.A.S.I.S
- Psychology, B.A.
- Computer Science
- Global Studies
- International Affairs*
- Political Science
- Women’s Studies
- Chemistry/Chemical Engineering NC A&T State University (NC A&T), B.S.*
- Mathematics/Mechanical Engineering (NC A&T), B.S.*
- Mathematics/Electrical Engineering (NC A&T), B.S.*
- Mathematics/Industrial Engineering (NC A&T), B.S.*
*“These majors, minors, & dual degree programs are not accepting new students