- Ph.D. in Family and Consumption Economics, University of Illinois,
- M.S. in Agricultural Economics, North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University
- B.S. in Economics, North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University
Dr. Walson received his Ph.D. from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Both M.S. in Agricultural Economics and B.S. in Economics degrees were received from North Carolina A&T State University in Greensboro, where he taught Economics for many years before coming to Bennett College. His research interests are in the area of Financial Literacy, Consumer Economics and Entrepreneurship. He teaches courses in Economics, Finance and Entrepreneurship. Dr. Walson has published research studies in refereed Journals and presented papers at many professional conferences.
- Walson, C. O. and Fitzsimmons, V. S. (1993). “Financial managers’ perception of rural households economic well-being”: Development and testing of a composite model. Journal of Family and Economic Issues
- Thompson, A., Walson, C.O. and Gray, B. (1994). Career Choices of Participants in the USDA High School Apprenticeship Program: A 10-Year Follow-up. United States Department of Agriculture, Washington, D.C.