- Ph.D. in Integrated Biosciences, North Carolina Central University
- M.S. in Biology, North Carolina Agricultural and Technical University
- B.S. in Biology, Elizabeth City State University
Dr. Rasheena Edmondson joined Bennett College faculty as an Assistant Professor of Biology in 2017. Her courses include Principles of Biology, Evolutionary Biology, Human Biology, and Comparative Anatomy of Vertebrates.
She has one primary research project beginning in Spring 2020 which focuses on the evolution of antimicrobial resistance of E. coli, in which undergraduate students will also have the opportunity to participate in research at Bennett College.
- Edmondson, R., Adcock, A. F., & Yang, L. (2016). Influence of Matrices on 3D-Cultured Prostate Cancer Cells’ Drug Response and Expression of Drug-Action Associated Proteins. PloS one, 11(6), e0158116.
- Adcock, A. F., Trivedi, G., Edmondson, R., Spearman, C., & Yang, L. (2015). Three- Dimensional (3D) Cell Cultures in Cell-based Assays for in-vitro Evaluation of Anticancer Drugs. Journal of Analytical & Bioanalytical Techniques, 2015.
- Edmondson, R., Broglie, J. J., Adcock, A. F., & Yang, L. (2014). Three-dimensional cell culture systems and their applications in drug discovery and cell-based biosensors. Assay and drug development technologies, 12(4), 207-218.