Library Food & Drink Policy
- Food and drinks are now permitted in the library. While in the library, special care should be taken to preserve the collection, the electronic equipment, and the library itself (flooring, tables, etc.). This policy is adopted on a contingency basis, and will continue thereafter so long as the library remains clean and attractive and conducive for study. Problems such as damage from spills, excessive loose trash, emergence of pests, etc. will force reconsideration. Library users are implored to use good judgment to ensure that nothing is harmed by food particles or drink spills. “Good judgment” includes, but is not limited to:
- Cleaning up after yourself and others (crumbs, food wrappings, drink bottles, minor spills).
- Reporting major spills to a librarian.
- Making sure that no crumbs or spills fall onto books, computers, etc.
- Washing your hands after eating greasy foods.
- Avoid eating large, messy, and/or aromatic (smelly) meals.