The Division of Professional Studies strives to connect students to real-world experiences in the workplace and scholarly theory in the classroom. Students who take courses within the division will be given the practical knowledge needed to enter professional fields in business, education, media, social work, and beyond while also gaining the soft skills necessary to advance throughout their careers.
Each program requires its students to participate in internships and work experiences in their professional industries in order to satisfy graduation requirements. The faculty consists of scholars who have studied their respective industries and worked professionally within their given fields, so they bring practical experience and professional connections to their programs. Our graduates go on to utilize the knowledge and skills learned to pursue advanced degrees and a variety of professions.
The Division embraces the following values:
- creating environments that encourage high ethical standards that foster scholarly and professional integrity;
- developing a professional culture that holds students accountable for their actions;
- fostering a commitment to strive for excellence in personal and professional endeavors;
- modeling sound leadership and teamwork strategies;
- providing ample opportunities to become successful verbal and non-verbal communicators;
- instilling the virtues of becoming life-long learners; and
- developing graduates that appreciate the diversity of a global community.
The Division includes the following areas of study:
- Business, Economics and Entrepreneurship
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Journalism and Media Studies
- Social Work
- Business Administration, B.S.
- Elementary Education (K–6), B.S.
- Journalism & Media Studies, B.A.
- Social Work, B.S.W.
- Journalism & Media Studies
*These majors are not accepting new students beginning Spring semester 2022.